Friday, March 7, 2014

Tips on How to Use a Crown Molding Angle Chart and More


Crown moldings add spice to your home, but installing them the wrong way can turn it into an eyesore instead of an eye-pleaser. Believe me, the first time I tried installing crown molding on my own, I had to do a lot of damage control because of so many things. I couldn’t cut them accurately, and somehow, I kept getting confused with the angles. All these were not enough to kill my spirit though, and my love for DIY has helped me master the craft and share what I know with other DIY enthusiasts like you.
Here are a few tips that could help you install crown molding perfectly:
·         Use a crown molding angle chart. The angles are always critical in the proper installation of crown moldings. A crown molding angle chart will be the best reference for you to figure out how to set your miter angle and face bevel before cutting your molding, leaving you with pieces that fit perfectly with each other and to the wall.
·         Start at the front of the room. No matter how perfectly you want things to fit, you would always have seams that show where separate moldings meet. Starting at the front of the room will mean using the longest part of the molding first and leaving the seams towards the back end of the room, where it would be barely noticeable by people walking into the room. As much as possible, center seams in the middle of a stud.
·         Use a stud finder. A stud finder is definitely a useful tool not only in installing crown molding but also in all other kinds of DIY projects that involves your wall. A stud finder helps you find the framing studs used around rooms once they have been covered by walling surfaces.

These great tips will definitely help you DIY your way around a more inspiring home. To make crown molding projects easier, find out more about other resources you could use like the Cut N Crown system and other similar tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment